Random cylinder msifire!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its the seal in the hat that clips to the TB, has a single hold down.
The seal that goes here.

You must be registered for see images attach

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i hope thats it.. but i dont see that causing your misfire... seems like that would be superficial in the fact that the tb is still getting air, whether its through that bad seal, or through the intake tubing...

But that would be air that the MAF isent adjusting for, right?

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
can you find a donor intake hat from someone close to you?? you would only need to switch em for a little while to see if your truck still acts up..

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i don't think that would cause the issue, im still leaning towards something leaking on ur PCV or EGR side of things, but swapping out with a buddy for a minute to check is a good idea.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have been following this also. i dont think that something in the intake on top of the TB would cause only 1 cyl to look that way either.

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This thing is really getting on my nerves, some days it runs flawless,, and others, much like today it spits, sputters, stumbles, and generaly runs like $hit. Started it up this morning and the SES light starts flashing right off the bat, its missing like a SOB. I guess since the weather is getting nicer, i'll drive the 95 and start tearing into the 96. I think i'll pull the drivers side head and look for something out of the ordnary, my brother said he had one in the shop that had a flatspot on the roller of the roller lifter and was causing a missfire at idle. Since im in there i'll check those out as well! Any suggestions before i pull the heads off?

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Can you narrow it down to one cylinder that keeps doind it, or is it jumping around. Remember that for combustion you need fuel/air, spark, and compression.