Radio wont hold memory other issues along with it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently noticed my factory radio in my 1998 ECSB 2500 will not hold any memory . When I restart the truck it defaults to am channels and will not hold presets . I have noticed no power points or cig lighter and no power seat all at the same time . On top of this my brake lights stopped working . I have replaced all fuses . I suspect a wire burnt or ground loose But I cannot explain or justify losing brake lights along with radio or power seats. I have noticed static in the radio when turning on headlights once you turn the switch to on position the static stops .also a little bit of engine noise that is why I suspect a ground wire. Before I tear into things I wanted some opinions on what could be going on ...

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
The power outlets, radio memory and dome light are all on the same fuse. But the static does sound like a bad body ground.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
dome light works and the fuse has never blown ... so i am thinking body ground

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
The power outlets, radio memory and dome light are all on the same fuse. But the static does sound like a bad body ground.

Not on the 95+ models. There are two fuses for the radio, radio and radio batt, both are 10 amp fuses. A factory radio will still work if the radio batt fuse is blown, but won't retain presets.

With that said, it sounds like you have something else going on.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not on the 95+ models. There are two fuses for the radio, radio and radio batt, both are 10 amp fuses. A factory radio will still work if the radio batt fuse is blown, but won't retain presets.

With that said, it sounds like you have something else going on.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

yep all fuses are good .. I would hate to rip into the dash at this point just annoying me .. I am working on brake lights as top priority ..hopefully I will just come up on the other issue and kill 2 birds with one stone