radio help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackshirts

Reaction score
sooo next week im doing a pretty large interior upgrade, im replacing every single light in the interior with a blue LED, including the guage cluster yada yada....but i am also replacing the factory radio now my isssue is as follows....1998 chevy x-cab z71, i have the set up like most98's wer it is...radio,hvac controls,factory aux CD player, my bud has a after market radio with built in cd player mp3 blah blah blah for me that glows blue so perfect right!? well the only problem with it is the cd player on his radio doesnt work, so is there any way wen i swap radios that the factory cd player under the hvac controls will hook up to the after market one and work? if not its no big deal i still have the mp3 featues on the stereo which would be prefered so if then the CD player wont work is there any way to take it out and put in a compartment so i can throw **** in there?
dont laugh at me too hard im a HS senior who just finished fb season and i dont make alot plus i am making payments on my truck :p im slowly sctraching away but i personally think ive done a good job on it ill post a vid for ya'll next week after LED transform is complete, but right now help is appreciated :)

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
go to the junk yard and look in any 95 up to 98 some of the trucks have a cd delete pocket in that spot grab that

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have one of those delete pockets. Brand new, never installed, still in the original box. How about $10.00 + shipping? I'll see if I can dig it up. Where you at?

Last edited:

blackshirts

Reaction score
hey man sounds like a good deal possibly if i cant get the cd player to work with the after market stereo ill consider it and im in nebraska