In search of 454SS seats. help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regular cab console has a significantly flatter profile towards the floor. Extended cab console used in a regular cab will tilt forward at a ridiculous angle. They can be chopped; I've done it - but I wouldn't recommend chopping up a console unless it was already beat. (*** it's been years but I'm pretty sure Suburban console is same as a regular cab. Extended cabs are the oddballs here. *** welcome to corrections.)

I had this stained, faded, funky old console - (you can't really tell in the pic but the vinyl on the lid was also separating around the depression for the flip-out tray) and decided to give it the chop.
You must be registered for see images attach

Removed the rear mount bracket by drilling out the rivets and then mocked it up in a new spot where it should live after the cuts, and using the plastic below the rear slide-out drawer as my "stop" point, I measured across the bottom sides, marked it, and used a mini-death wheel to cut.

Drilled a couple new holes and pop-riveted the rear bracket in its new place.

Former extended-cab console mounted in a regular cab, nice and level. Still ugly.. this was obviously before heavy cleaning and re-painting.

Richard
Kinda like a 4/6 drop.

Stowburb

Reaction score
I just caught up on this thread;
to me, red seems the most common color.
These trucks are still VERY plentiful in yards up here.
I have seen many consoles;
What differentiates a sigle cab console from an extended cab or suburban/jimmy console?
That’s a good question, from what I have found is the 454SS Console is the same as the square extended cab console.( It has a slide out “drink holder” that comes out the back) I’ve found a few of these on EBay however they are either beat up or pricey for a halfway decent one.

Stowburb

Reaction score
I just caught up on this thread;
to me, red seems the most common color.
These trucks are still VERY plentiful in yards up here.
I have seen many consoles;
What differentiates a sigle cab console from an extended cab or suburban/jimmy console?
This is what I’m looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_8598.png
    IMG_8598.png
    688.3 KB · Views: 1

Stowburb

Reaction score
This guy has the seats and console out of a SS
www.tiktok.com/@classicfinds90s/video/7133314645347159339?_t=8mBvecJUrQB&_r=1

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
From what I’ve learned from looking for 454SS Interior parts is that the 1990 454SS got the seats that you have pictured which are specific for the SS, then from 1991-1993 the 454SS just got the regular high back bucket seats with the inside armrests. I picked up the set with the armrests from a Brian And they look good in my truck. I’ve found a few Consoles on EBay but what I’m learning is that the extended cab console is different from the standard cab one. I think the only difference is the floor is shaped differently and the console is slanted to accommodate this, but the Suburban has the floor that is flatter and closer to the single cab. Of course, it’s hard to tell the difference in pictures and non of the ones that I’ve found on EBay are described as a “single Cab” console.
I’m reluctant to buy one and it not fit correctly and then having to go through the hassle of trying to return it.

Stowburb

Reaction score
10-4 I just saw them and thought of you looking for a set and console. I’ll keep a look out for a console
I saw them for sale somewhere recently and wanted them bad, but I don’t have that deep of a pocket. LOL