Radio and courtesy lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyboy270

Reaction score
On my 92 silverado just suddenly about 2 days ago my floorboard courtesy lights stopped working and my radio wont power on i checked the fuses and they are fine so i dont know what caused that to happen ?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
On my 92 silverado just suddenly about 2 days ago my floorboard courtesy lights stopped working and my radio wont power on i checked the fuses and they are fine so i dont know what caused that to happen ?

Check for power at both the radio and the floor lights with a test light to a known good ground and then check for power at each unit using the ground at the plug for the radio and lights

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes the fuse socket will actually oxidize and the resulting crud can keep a good fuse from working. Some contact cleaner on the fuse would not hurt and if not there the wire from fuse to the circuit probably has a bad splice in it somewhere. Many times an aftermarket radio or other device will have a bad connection that eventually works loose. When you chase it down let us know what it was. A test would be a jumper from battery positive to either the radio or the courtesy light positive side, just make sure you jump to the right side or you might find a spark of the wrong kind.