Quick ratio steering box upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ah jeez, yeah, 97-up. Thanks. And yes, it's sneaky freaky when it goes bad. I drove my '98 crew cab dually about 400 miles home from buying it, with full-assist EVO, a completely worn out front end, and bald 19.5's on steel Frito truck wheels. Had to steer with my pinky finger to avoid veering towards the ditch or the wall.. it was the first truck I'd owned that was new enough for EVO so I didn't know about it, hence failure to simply disable it at the time.

Richard

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Gives that 'driving on ice just for a split second' feeling, even when on the driest of dry roads.
I don't what'd be worse. Driving that dually with those probs & all that weight, or stuffing a lowered RCSB into a corner at speed & having the confidence in the truck in question.
It was this prob with that EVO that had me rebuilding the whole front end from the steering box & pump to the wheel bearings.
All it took to cure was the simple unplug of that sensor!