Questions about 94-98 grill on a 88-93 truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I did for the time being! But the way they went into the old grille they mad the lights stick out too far so I had to put them in backwards?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
That's what I did for the time being! But the way they went into the old grille they mad the lights stick out too far so I had to put them in backwards?

They should have the flat side outwards towards the light. Plus the 88-93 lights stick out more then the 94-98 lights. The 94-98s are almost completely flat on the lens.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Yes the do. But where they mount on the grille are just square holes. Its like there needs to be an insert that goes in the hole so I can screw into!

Exactly! Where can I buy them for that year of grille or are they the same From 88-98

What I did, was flip the bracket that holds the lights in. They fit that way. I'll try to snap a picture for you really quick.

And to anyone, if you don't have all the parts yet, you can run the new grill without the lower bumper retainer piece and it fits that way. You can do that until you get all of your other pieces on there. That's how mine is currently run.

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score

Yes. That's how you do it. You flip them over and it will make the lights sit flush

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Im kind of cufused now lol... the 94+ stick out further? is that why the parking lights on a 88-93 have a little indentation behind them to make them fit without hitting the grille support?

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah i would like to see a pic! Mine is that way too, the bottom is just zip tied for time being until I get the inner bumper brackets, speaking of which where can I get some? I called LMC truck and they told me they were the same from 88-98 lol

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was missing the little square retainer inserts for the parking lights.....ordered new ones from lmc for like 4 dollars

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Here's what I mean.. I flipped that bracket for the old parking lights to fit the newer grill

You must be registered for see images attach