Questions about 94-98 grill on a 88-93 truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnbalderas90k1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1990 k1500 and a was wondering if it is possible to put a newer 94 thru 98 grille on my truck. Any info is greatly appreciated

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes you can swap ona newer grille, you need the grille, filler panel between thr grille and bumper, right and left fender extensions, both inner bumper bracket's because the 94+ bumper is more out and down than the 88-93, but it is the same bumper. You also need the corner lenses and parking light's for the 94+ grille. The headlight's are the same from 90 up.

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Yes you can swap ona newer grille, you need the grille, filler panel between thr grille and bumper, right and left fender extensions, both inner bumper bracket's because the 94+ bumper is more out and down than the 88-93, but it is the same bumper. You also need the corner lenses and parking light's for the 94+ grille. The headlight's are the same from 90 up.

Yup.

Not a big job at all once you have the correct parts.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got some questions about the conversion. Ive read over other forums and stuff talking about the conversion. I have the 94-98 grille, I've bought the bumper filler panels and also the lights to do it. I see on here that I need new bumper brackets to move the bumper out which i know now, since my center filler panel wont work. What do the parking lights screw into? On my old one there was a plastic retainer that went in the holes of the grille where the screws went in. I cant find anything like that for the 94-98 grille unless i use the same ones? If someone could help me with what else i need and where to get it I would really appreciate it!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Doesnt the parking lights just screw into the grille also? the same way as a 88-93. The grill only mounts to the truck alittle differently. But the lights installation is the same .

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes the do. But where they mount on the grille are just square holes. Its like there needs to be an insert that goes in the hole so I can screw into!

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea they do. Hes prob just missing the inserts that the screws thread into that clip into the mount points on the grille.

Exactly! Where can I buy them for that year of grille or are they the same From 88-98

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yes the do. But where they mount on the grille are just square holes. Its like there needs to be an insert that goes in the hole so I can screw into!

I would say try salvaging the ones from the grille you are replacing...other wise without looking at them i would almost suggest getting some of those square inserts they use to mount license plates.