question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thomascott

Reaction score
Bought a 96 c3500 that someone had shortened. It ran when they parked it, then it sat for a year. Had to put new gas tank on it. However , gas will get to the top of the motor but will not start. Will run when primed though. Anyone have this type situation? Need help to get this truck rolling... Still got tons of work otherwise...lol. Help me out I'm new on here... Lol

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Gotta give at least a little more info. :D So you've got fuel but unknown pressure, and you have spark since it will run when primed. What are you doing to prime it? Which engine?

If it's the 5.7 then your likely issue is low fuel pressure, so invest in/borrow a test gauge and find out. 58-62 psi is spec, anything less it starts getting dicey. The 7.4 has a different injector setup and will start/run on far lower pressures just run poorly.

Richard

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Don't take advice from guys with 300c's in their avitar... :rofl:

:jester:

:joke:

But yes, check the fuel pressure.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Think it might be anything else?

Check the fuel pressure and then ask again. Folks here are trying to help, and the best way to ruin that is to ask for help and then ignore what they tell you.

thomascott

Reaction score
Sorry. I wasnt ignoring it at all. Just haven't got a chance to do anything yet. :)

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The spider is common for going out, but check fuel pressure before you waste the money on something you didn't need.

thomascott

Reaction score
Ok. Is the spider easy to replace if need be? It will crank and sound like its about to start but just won't do it.