question for those who repinned their Vortec harness per Lextechs chart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up a damaged LS engine harness (2002) the other day with the intentions of using most of it and splicing it into my trucks OEM harness (1998) but it looks like its missing some key sections. I have the injectors connectors and coil connectors. Do all of the Vortec connectors plug into the right things on the LS engine like the alternator, temp sensors, etc? I'd like to just add the injector and coil wires to the Vortec harness if possible. The LS harness does not have the CMP and CKP section to it either. That entire section of the harness was cut off just behind the passenger head so I assume all the wires for the O2 sensors are gone too.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a headache. Why not just keep your existing harness and repin the connector for the 411.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the only wiring you'd need for the swap would be the individual injector plugs an the coil pack wiring. You can repin your harness for a 411 an add in those two sections. Some sensor connections might need to be adjusted length wise but that's it.

jlcms2007

Reaction score
Depends on what motor you are putting in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Re-pin the original harness to the 0411. Its what i did.
You would need the crank, cam and coil plugs. That's it.
The coil plugs take them off with wires and pins off the LS harness so you can just pin them to the 0411 pcm.
Get you a 98 LS1 3 wire temp sensor and use the tps pig tail from the LS harness to connect the temp to the ecm and gauge.

I just finished doing this. Check out my build thread on my sig

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The coil plugs take them off with wires and pins off the LS harness so you can just pin them to the 0411 pcm

That the way I'm gonna do it when I swap to coil-near-plug.

Last edited: