Question for all you Audio guroos out there

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
I have two 2 channel amplifiers I have been using to power 2 Sony sub woofers. I only have one RCA out on my Head unit and I want to change it up a bit and loose the subs for now and wire my speakers to my amps.

The question is (If it is possible) How do I go about wiring the speakers into the amp (or amps) so that I do not loose the ability to Fade and balance.

On another separate thought Is there a way to wire all the speakers as well as the subs as well?

Thank you for Looking.

Edit: The amps are nowhere near high quality but if it helps here is what the ends look like for the specific amp
( Pyramid PB717X 1,000-Watt 2-Channel Bridgeable Amp)
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but if it is a mono output then it is just for a sub and you won't be able to run an amp with your speakers on them

Put that amp on low pass. It's also no where near 1,000 watts. 375ish at the most so you can turn the gain up more.

I just noticed those high inputs. I have never used those, but you will probably have to use them to get the speakers to work with that amp.

Last edited:

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
what is your head unit?

It is a JVC head unit. Unsure of number right now.

I might be wrong, but if it is a mono output then it is just for a sub and you won't be able to run an amp with your speakers on them

Put that amp on low pass. It's also no where near 1,000 watts. 375ish at the most so you can turn the gain up more.

I can change the output setting to either sub or Rear I believe
(Now that I say that out loud I know I will loose my ability to fade.) However still curious if I can still wire two 2 channels for 4 speakers.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I'm no audio expert but a mono sub output is just low frequencies. If you want to run higher frequency speakers you will need left and right outputs. Depending on speaker setup you will lose the fade adjustment.

What speakers do you want on the second amp? Door speakers and rear speakers?

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
You can wire a 2 channel amp to 4 speakers with what you have, If you use your RCA preouts you will lose balance and fade. If you use the high level inputs you will have balance but no fade. If you want fade and balance then you will have to wire one amp to the front and one to the rear using the high level inputs.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
You can wire a 2 channel amp to 4 speakers with what you have, If you use your RCA preouts you will lose balance and fade. If you use the high level inputs you will have balance but no fade. If you want fade and balance then you will have to wire one amp to the front and one to the rear using the high level inputs.

This.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score

I bought the amps used so I do not have the high input connector deals. I may have to see what I can do. How does that even wire up? Run it through the speaker wires out of the back of the H U?

Just run an Active Crossover network post-amp.

TA4S

I could do this as well.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
I bought the amps used so I do not have the high input connector deals. I may have to see what I can do. How does that even wire up? Run it through the speaker wires out of the back of the H U?

Yeah, run the speaker wire into the high level inputs. I may have an extra plug or 2 from old amps I've had. You also could get some RCA adapters that turns your speaker output into RCA plugs. I've heard the audio quality sucks doing this.