Question #2 on Injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if the o2 is a single wire then its not heated and you need to swap in a 3 wire heated one or it will never run right, its getting a wrong reading moved that far downstream and needs a heated style to compensate, had to do the same thing to my 88.

if there was that much crud in the injector pod then the fuel filter and pump sock are probably full of crud as well

It is indeed single wire. Is there anywhere you can point me for more information on this? If I'm swapping to 3 wire, where do the other 2 wires go?
I just replaced the fuel pump and strainer / pump sock and the fuel filter is relatively new.

94_C/1500

How's your coil? How about your engine grounds?
Mine has never had any actual problems with the throttle body, it has about 210,000 miles and the last 33,000 has been since I've owned it.I've owned it for 5 1/2 years too.

Coil is new, grounds should be good to go, Rig starts right up now after the fuel pump and injector swap, but there is this little bit of hesitation that is really going to upset me. What's the sense in having 454 cubic inches if it's not responsive? =)

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the timing set at? Factory 0 degrees? Try advancing it to 4 degrees. Might just help your problem.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
It is indeed single wire. Is there anywhere you can point me for more information on this? If I'm swapping to 3 wire, where do the other 2 wires go?
I just replaced the fuel pump and strainer / pump sock and the fuel filter is relatively new.
other two are ground and 12v hot with ignition

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the timing set at? Factory 0 degrees? Try advancing it to 4 degrees. Might just help your problem.

I tweaked the timing and I think I have it in the sweet spot. I want to say she was running best somewhere around 4 degrees BTDC but I'd have to double check it.

@outalne94z71 thank you, I'll see what I can find...actually just looked, is there a compatible part #? it's not popping up in parts searches for me.

Last edited:

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tweaked the timing and I think I have it in the sweet spot. I want to say she was running best somewhere around 4 degrees BTDC but I'd have to double check it.

@outalne94z71 thank you, I'll see what I can find...actually just looked, is there a compatible part #? it's not popping up in parts searches for me.

I did some legwork and I *think* this is what I want:

1995 Chevrolet Truck S10 P/U 2WD 4.3L TBI 6cyl

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think i had used one from a 94 k1500 with 5.7

Do you think the differences in 4.6/5.7/7.4 as far as O2 sensors go are negligible? I'm guessing the O2 sensor is just a probe and the computer takes the reading and makes the adjustment, my only concern would be if the capacity to monitor O2 is different between the monitors the computer might not get the reading it needs because the sensor is pegged...sound reasonable?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Do you think the differences in 4.6/5.7/7.4 as far as O2 sensors go are negligible? I'm guessing the O2 sensor is just a probe and the computer takes the reading and makes the adjustment, my only concern would be if the capacity to monitor O2 is different between the monitors the computer might not get the reading it needs because the sensor is pegged...sound reasonable?

same bosch 13077 o2 sensor for both 94 k1500 5.7 and 95 s10 4.3 tbi