Pypes Violator Vs. Magnaflow XL Mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went from a Flowmaster 40 series to a Magnaflow XL and I like it. It is a lot quieter while idling or sitting and traffic and also just cruising but opens up nicely when I punch it. I have turndowns right before my rear axle so I dont know how to compare it to what you are wanting to do but I am happy with the XL

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went from a Flowmaster 40 series to a Magnaflow XL and I like it. It is a lot quieter while idling or sitting and traffic and also just cruising but opens up nicely when I punch it. I have turndowns right before my rear axle so I dont know how to compare it to what you are wanting to do but I am happy with the XL

Awesome! Thank you for the feedback. Does it have a nice rumble at start up atleast? is it alot quieter compared to the Flow? Do you have stock manifolds and y pipe and cat? is is a SI/SO muffler or SI/DO?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I would hate to have magnaflows if they are quiter than the flowmaster, i have a super 40 on mine and i barely hear it when i get on it with no radio and the windows down and the sound bouncing off a wall, if the magnaflow is quiter why not stick with a stock exhaust, imo louder is better, but then again i like the crackle from glass packs and straight pipes

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a Flowmaster guy, but Magnaflow sounds good to. I like the loud deep throaty sound while not being crackly like glasspacks (glasspacks sound like to me). It's more to an exhaust then the muffler(s), it's rather you want single, single into dual, full true dual, the size of pipe, rather you want any crossover pipe and if you do then an X or Y pipe and then the cats and manifold/headers. Also do you just want sound and don't care about performance or do you not want to lose performance and gain some if you can? All you can really do is figure out the different setups that you're looking into and then search on Youtube.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Like i said, the magnaflow I think it was an XL because it was a huge pos hanging there, was quiet as stock. maybe sounded deeper or more rumble but no louder than stock.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Borla Pro XS now that is dumped just over the axle. Sounds amazing, deep, no more drone than any other setup I have had and way meaner.