properly colormatching a 95 composite grille....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
People doubt plastidip, it looks good if properly done

Ive used it and had good results.. But I don't like the dool looking finish, nor do I like the fact that someone could walk b and peel it! Obviously that probably wouldn't happen but I would hate to have to do it again. I used plasti dip on my rams grill, when it came time to peel it and clean it, prep it for paint ... it was like a nightmare to get it all off! their is still some left over! I don't hate one people who do It, if you like it ... each their own. ill use for a temporary solution, or possibly to see if ill like the color on (in this case a color matched grill) But other then that =... I don't see the love people have for this product. Seems like a fad everyone is going thrue ..:shrug:

But again, no hard feelings, each their own!

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
i say do plastidip with the gm touch up paint on top of that with clear coat, no issues with the whites not matching :shrug:

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
i say do plastidip with the gm touch up paint on top of that with clear coat, no issues with the whites not matching :shrug:

Man, all these ideer ive never heard of ... so wait ... You can paint over plasti dip.. so you get the paint finish that is still pealable?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Glossifier does work and makes it shiny, also if you had trouble getting it off you didn't make it thick enough, when I peeled it off my bumpers it all came off, but in order to make it look good you have to do several light coats, don't rush it or it'll run

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Man, all these ideer ive never heard of ... so wait ... You can paint over plasti dip.. so you get the paint finish that is still pealable?

You can paint over plastidip, but don't expect the same result come time to peel it off, the paint over top of the plastidip will flake off while your peeling since paint isn't flexible

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Glossifier does work and makes it shiny, also if you had trouble getting it off you didn't make it thick enough, when I peeled it off my bumpers it all came off, but in order to make it look good you have to do several light coats, don't rush it or it'll run

That may be part of the problem for sure ... to light of coats. I did take my time and as far as runs, I had none! but ill have to give this a try man!