Prolink install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

that97hoe

Reaction score
hey y’all i just have a quick question for everyone that uses hp tuners and wideband, i was wondering if any of you have installed the prolink device from hp tuners and could maybe help me with some guidance installing my own.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey y’all i just have a quick question for everyone that uses hp tuners and wideband, i was wondering if any of you have installed the prolink device from hp tuners and could maybe help me with some guidance installing my own.
There isn't much to it... you just run the 5v output from your wideband into the correct wire on the prolink.

that97hoe

Reaction score
There isn't much to it... you just run the 5v output from your wideband into the correct wire on the prolink.
You must be registered for see images attach

not really sure what wire is what. what wires do i connect to the actual vehicle. came with zero install instructions/diagram lol. i have watched a few videos of people installing them but all on different vehicles i couldn’t find one of a tahoe.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

not really sure what wire is what. what wires do i connect to the actual vehicle. came with zero install instructions/diagram lol. i have watched a few videos of people installing them but all on different vehicles i couldn’t find one of a tahoe.
Thats... odd. Mine came with a wiring diagram sheet.

5 seconds of google leads me to the same sheet that came in my prolink available on the HP Tuners website.
https://www.hptuners.com/pub/Pro_Link_v1.pdf

that97hoe

Reaction score
wow you took the same five second google trip i did then. cool. still don’t answer my question which of the tahoes wires are for the can bus. thanks. lol

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That answer is in the OE service manual, the wire digrams. Are you installing this? You've downloaded right it's here in the forum.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow you took the same five second google trip i did then. cool. still don’t answer my question which of the tahoes wires are for the can bus. thanks. lol
wait... what? Why would you need to connect the prolink to the stock canbus... you said you have a wideband and need to connect to the wideband.

Your wideband should have a wiring diagram also. You connect the 5v output from the wideband to the 5v input on the prolink... done. No need to connect anything to the vehicle wiring, you are already linked to the vehicle canbus with the MPVI tool.

If you are trying to see the stock O2 sensor voltages... you don't need a prolink. You just go into VCM logger and look at the stock PIDs in the ECM.

that97hoe

Reaction score
Thats... odd. Mine came with a wiring diagram sheet.

5 seconds of google leads me to the same sheet that came in my prolink available on the HP Tuners website.
https://www.hptuners.com/pub/Pro_Link_v1.pdf
sorry
wait... what? Why would you need to connect the prolink to the stock canbus... you said you have a wideband and need to connect to the wideband.

Your wideband should have a wiring diagram also. You connect the 5v output from the wideband to the 5v input on the prolink... done. No need to connect anything to the vehicle wiring, you are already linked to the vehicle canbus with the MPVI tool.

If you are trying to see the stock O2 sensor voltages... you don't need a prolink. You just go into VCM logger and look at the stock PIDs in the ECM.
i suppose i only wanted to do it because i didn’t want to have the extra wires laying around, and i looked online for wiring diagrams and i seen that they use them for some things. and it says you can receive can messages through the scanner if i connected them connected the canbus wires. i did indeed look at a wiring diagram but at least the site i found it on i was hesitant to trust it’s reliability. so therefore i asked if anyone has installed the prolink in there vehicle. i apologize i didn’t know i just didn’t need to wire them up. i appreciate it man. and more specifically i asked for help installing pro link, not wideband, im sorry you misunderstood.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and more specifically i asked for help installing pro link, not wideband, im sorry you misunderstood.

This was literally the very first sentence of this thread. I didn't think to mention the CAN wiring, because GMT-400 vehicles don't use CAN.

Literally the only purpose of Prolink is to be able to connect external sensors to the HPtuners data already coming in over the MPVI interface. GM didn't use CAN bus protocols for engine data until after the P59 ECU's starting in around 2007-ish I believe. The prolink has all of those wires to support a wide range of applications and years. There is nothing for you to connect them too outside of the 5v reference for the wideband, unless you have some other sensors that you have added to the vehicle and not piped into the PCM. You technically don't even need the Prolink for the wideband, you could have run the 5v output from the wideband into the EGR or similar 5v input on the PCM and then just logged that PID in VCM logger

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
98 Money Pit