Project: Convert an ATC 125 into a 2 wheeler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have been thinking about this for a while and I think I might buy an old 3 wheeler and make a swingarm for a single rear tire making it kind of like the old yamaha bw or Honda fat cats. I'm interested to know if anyone has ever ridden such a creature. The 3 wheelers I generally see in my local ads don't have rear suspension so I would keep the same rigid frame setup and use the old school fat balloon tires with lower air pressure to absorb the hits.

It would be just the fun of the project and to putt around on so I really wouldn't be expecting much out of it.

If anyone has any suggestions on a good bike to start with, that would be appreciated as well. I have never ridden a 3 wheeler so I don't know which ones would have the best motor setup for this kind of thing. I'm looking for very simple and reliable.

Thoughts?

Btw, this is one I have my eye on
You must be registered for see images

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Maybe copy the rear from a Rokon.

With those gigantic tires, it probably won't like turning too much. But that would be part of the fun.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Honda 125's seem to be all over FB/Craigslist for cheap. Maybe try starting with one of those.

Sounds like a cool idea man I'd definitely be interested to see it finished.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah they do seem to be common. I'm going to plan the subframe a bit more before I pull the trigger on it. I have seen some youtube videos and they don't put a brake on the rear in the conversion which seems like a half-a way to do it.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
A yamaha bigwheel 200 or 350 is kind of like what your building

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk