Powered Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post here. Just recently picked up a 97 reg cab shorty.

She has the cassette/CD combo, that I would like to keep, the speakers still sound pretty good and I like the idea of factory radio for theft reasons.

My question is can I send signal from my factory stereo to a powered subwoofer such as the Kicker 11HS8? I don't need nor want crazy loud bass, just a little punch that the little speakers can't give me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks

Sent from my uncensored Jelly Bean powered Droid Maxx using tapatalk 2

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
Yea you can get a line out converter and run RCAs or if that sub/amp combo had a high power out put you can wire it to your speakers. The second set up is how I wired my girls car and down fall is when you turn it up loud the stock CD player tries to protect the speakers by cutting down on the bass

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Says it has high level inputs:

compact powered subwoofer
8" woofer
built-in 150 watts RMS amplifier
frequency response: 25-120 Hz
variable low-pass crossover (50-120 Hz)
variable phase control (0 or 180 degrees)
bass boost control (0dB to +6dB)
speaker-level inputs (will also accept preamp-level signal using optional adapter, item 206KISL, sold separately)
auto turn-on switch
wired remote control
dimensions: 14-1/4"W x 3-1/4"H x 9-3/8"D

No RCA:

You must be registered for see images

You don't need a LOC, just tap in to your rear channels for signal and wire the rest up as per directions.

Little strange that it doesn't have a LPF. Maybe it's built into the unit de facto.....or maybe that's what they're calling "xover".

Last edited:
Reaction score
I actually just looked up the YouTube video, and I now see about tying into the rear channels for signal. Would I pull signal from both left and right speakers?

My concern is with songs that have left to right fades and what not.

These are probably very basic questions but I'm new to all this.

Thanks again

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I actually just looked up the YouTube video, and I now see about tying into the rear channels for signal. Would I pull signal from both left and right speakers?

My concern is with songs that have left to right fades and what not.

These are probably very basic questions but I'm new to all this.

Thanks again

likely not. Need the directions to say for sure...

Reaction score
I stand corrected:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/206/20611HS8.PDF

The crossover is the LPF, 50-120 hz.

You're going to need to use the "DC" selection on the remote turn on feature. The OEM Delco radio does not have a remote turn on output. Believe me, I've tried.....

:)

So with the DC selection turned on, the amp will detect the signal being sent to the factory speakers when the radio is turned on and turn itself on I take it?

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed a kicker Bass Station this summer and it sounds fantastic. I wired it right into the rear channels, (I was told by the shop I bought it from that it would sound better than the RCAs).
Very happy with the sound and it fits a standard cab like it was designed for it. I wasn't looking for earth shaking bass, but this thing pounds WAY more than I expected.

Attachments

• BassStation.jpg
    BassStation.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 18

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
... wired it right into the rear channels, (I was told by the shop I bought it from that it would sound better than the RCAs)...

Oddly enough, that is both true and false at the same time.

High levels (speaker level) are much less susceptible to exterior noise influence. So thats the true.

However, speaker levels are after the built in amplifier section in the radio which doesn't produce as clean a signal as preamp outs so there's always a base noise level at speaker level out. That's the false.

As long as it sounds good to your ears, who cares either way? Be happy with what you got if you like it.

:)

Problem is: good enough to your ears is usually good enough for most folks until they hear a better system. Then the shortcomings become irritating every time you turn it on and it's not long after that you rip it out and start spending more cash in pursuit of audio nirvana!