Powder coated stock rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shorthorn79

Reaction score
lol yall didnt make this any easier.. I am gunna paint em black, but i cant decide between powder coat or plasti dip? Does anybody know if Plasti Dip is relaible? Is it scratch resistant? Durable?

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I stripped mine and they're nice and shiny now, I just can't see black looking good. Last time I seen stock wheels like that painted black, it seemed like overkill IMO, and that was on a maroon truck with silver lower body.

showtime

Reaction score
plastidip is extremely reliable from everyone ive talked to and imo looks really good for about 6 dollars a can

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
lol yall didnt make this any easier.. I am gunna paint em black, but i cant decide between powder coat or plasti dip? Does anybody know if Plasti Dip is relaible? Is it scratch resistant? Durable?

Powder coating will cost you a fair amount of money and if you don't like it you'll have buyers remorse. I say plastidip them first. About 3 coats on each wheel. It will be reliable and you can even power wash it if you want. It will not be entirely scratch resistant since it can peeled off but its more durable than people think, and will only cost about $20.

This is essentially what it will look like:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I just think the stock wheels painted black seem to be missing something, kinda plain, strange but plain.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
am not a fan of black rims at all, if they gotta be black id rather em be black after market ones. To me stock rims black just don't looks right, had a truck running around here that had his nbs rims power coated black and jus couldn't get used to it. But its your truck do what you want we all have different opinions. my choice would be strip the clear coat and polish em like some have said.

shorthorn79

Reaction score
kamokevin I like that look. Is it your truck? and ya i decided ima strip the clear and then polish em and if i dont like that look them ill plasti dip em. Cheap and simple enough for me.