Possible trade question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a
1999 chevy k3500 srw 454 cc short bed. 6" pro comp. On 36's. Just hit 200k

You must be registered for see images attach

Trade offer

98 chevy c2500 ext. Cab short bed 6.5 diesel stock height. At wheels. 181k

You must be registered for see images attach

What do you think yes or no?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it was me I'd keep the ccsb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont see givin up my 4wd. But i wanna diesel.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Both look like great trucks. The 6.5 will get you better mpg, but maintenance is more expensive. If im reading this right, your truck is 4x4, and the diesel is 2x4, correct? If so, do you live in a place that 4x4 is something that you may need? Your truck is a crew cab, as compared to the extended cab. So right there your loosing some cargo room. I love my 6.5, but there are some bad ones out there. With the mileage though, it will probably last you a long time. Its really your own opionion. Im going to guess the private-sale value of both of them is pretty similar.

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you don't want the 6.5 , some people love them but i have never seen one that was worth bragging about

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
First off, the 6.5L is junk. Sure some people don't have problems with it, but a lot of people do, and as far as where diesel technology was at the time it was built, the engine is junk.

Second, CCSB trucks are getting harder and harder to find. Even the 3/4 ones. If you seriously want a diesel, the absolute best route you could go is to keep your crew cab and swap a Cummins into it. It's really not all too hard for your truck. Everything you need to swap a 12V Cummins into a 3/4 or 1 ton GMT400 truck is already manufactured by other companies.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Im with horns on this one. Your truck now is beautiful, and something you don't see very often. If you have the time/money, do the cummins swap. You will be way better off than with the 6.5.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im with horns as well. CC are the **** and yours is top notch. If some one gave me a 6.5 I would pull it on the trailer and haul it to the closest dealership to get rid of it. I turned wrenches for 10 years and have rebuilt a bunch of them, I would never call one my own. JMO. YOur crew is sick though

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Also, you said the diesel is a short bed, but that is not a short bed in the picture.