Possible new member need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New rockers, new cab corners, new wheel wells... thats not bad.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah i've already been pricing the replacement panels and they aren't that expensive I just need to learn how to weld.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice. I picked up inner/outer rockers, cab corners and all that Jazz from Keystone on Factory Ave in Cuse. On anything body work/paint related go to Danny at Saves on State Fair Blvd. Absolutely great guy to deal with.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

If you ever need any help with anything lemme know and good luck.

-Matt

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy **** man you really did replace every piece of sheet metal in that beast. Thanks for the local hook ups too. Looks like you've got a lot of experience with body work on these trucks. Out of curiousity how much did the rockers and cab corners cost you?

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately after this truck I feel like I can hold my own when it comes to doing basic body work. Just spent today welding a patch in and filling a once was rust hole in the top of the windshield frame. I don't remember the prices of them individually but I do remember Keystone being a little cheaper than LMC, ckresto.com and most of the sites like that. I wanna say the cab corners were around 30 a pop, inner rockers 80 ish each, outer rockers were around 40 give or take and inner fenders were 50 I believe. Don't quote me though. Hopefully you get lucky and your inner rockers arnt bad. I just ended up replacing everything cause I couldn't afford a new cab let alone the freight on it.

-Matt

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I won't really know how bad it is till I get it home and get all of the foam stuff someone sprayed in there out so I can get a good assessment. Luckily I have a weeks vacation coming up in two weeks to give me some time to get to work.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all of the ones i've look at have been 4wd. With the winters we get here in upstate ny you'd be a fool not to have 4x4

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will, do you happen to know if the 4wd on these trucks is vacuum actuated or electronic?