Possible LT4 Cam Swap(Not the Hot Cam)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy crap, $240 for just the cam? yikes.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, and granted its apparently a new cam that hasn't been in a production vehicle for years, so thats something if it actually is 'new' and not like a crate takout or something. but lunati also isn't a stock production cam that came in every LT4 engine so the higher price simply from lower quantity is understandable, plus some of the lunati price is for the name brand. I bet you could find an LT4 somewhere on an LTx or corvette forum for under $100 without too much trouble.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, and granted its apparently a new cam that hasn't been in a production vehicle for years, so thats something if it actually is 'new' and not like a crate takout or something. but lunati also isn't a stock production cam that came in every LT4 engine so the higher price simply from lower quantity is understandable, plus some of the lunati price is for the name brand. I bet you could find an LT4 somewhere on an LTx or corvette forum for under $100 without too much trouble.
The cam is a brand new and not a crate takeout, I would buy a used cam but the engine i have currently has less than 10000 miles and i dont want the cam to be the highest millage part in the engine not to mention i can't locate a used one on a forum, craigslist,or ebay
also i read somewhere that Lunati makes the lower production engine cams for gm

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats understandable, it just seems high to me.