Positive Camber Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
So I've had my truck for a week, the tires appear to have been rotated, as they all have some degree of positive camber wear. I jacked it up and tested the ball joints and wheel bearings, they all seem fine, but I do hear a hollow "rattle" over bumps. Anybody have any ideas before I take it in for an alignment and have them tell me whats wrong?

Truck is a 6-lug K2500 ECSB.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
does it drive straight when you let go of the steering wheel?

do you notice either front wheels having a visual camber problem?

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
driver's side visually appears to be off. doesn't pull at all though. Cranking up the bars doesn't appear to have changed it, but at least cranking it has given me further excuse to go get an alignment. I took it off the wheels and the ball joints appear to be solid. at 230K solid ball joints tell me most of this front end was apart at least once so it probably wasn't aligned.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
you're probably right.....check, if you havent already, all the bushings in the front end (sway bar, etc.) for the knocking noise.....another thing, althought i doubt it considering the truck, is that your front shocks are maxing out over bumps cuz of the crank.....also did you crank the bars yourself or did whoever before you do it?

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
you're probably right.....check, if you havent already, all the bushings in the front end (sway bar, etc.) for the knocking noise.....another thing, althought i doubt it considering the truck, is that your front shocks are maxing out over bumps cuz of the crank.....also did you crank the bars yourself or did whoever before you do it?

Previous owner had them turned up partially for the plow. I raised them to a little bit shy of max, and am probably going to go back down a turn. I hadn't considered the other parts of the suspension, so good call there. I don't believe the crank or shocks have anything to do with the rattle (still a good suggestion tho, so thank you), in fact at this point it is possible that it is actually the door that was rattling. I'll be putting in new pins this weekend.