plugging this port on headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I bought these Flowtech headers and there is a open port on them. I am going to a carbed system so no need for this port. What sensor/probe normally would go in this area? The hole is around 7/8 of a inch in diameter. I cannot seem to find a plug for it. Normally the ports to plug would be the O2 sensors which are already "plugged" on these headers.
I can fit a 7/8 fine thread bolt in these ports and then cut the bolt and weld it. This would create a "plug" but just wondering if there is a neater way to plug these? Perhaps even just using a "dummy sensor" which originally came with these trucks..
Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it go thru into the port?? Dunno what that could be. Looks almost like for a heat for air filter on carbed motors

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Secondary Air Injection tubes. The early TBI engines had an air pump and tubing go around the motor, and thread into the #1 & #2 cylinders.
Get the new tubes, with 1-way valves on each, then loop a hose around the intake to connect them together

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Thanks! I am going to the u-pic yard tomorrow and I will look for those air injection tubes. This yard had a few 88-94s available. On the 1994 Suburban (I removed the engine brackets on) doesn't appear to have the air injection tubes..I am guessing like 88-92s or so might have them..
Would anyone happen to know what wrench size works to take these off?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If it's threaded you should be able to just get a plug instead of tying the things together. My 88 had it, but I don't know what thread they are.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know if it's the right size for our trucks, but I've plugged these on other GM vehicles of the same era with a M22x1.5 drain plug from the auto parts store.

dlindsey19

Reaction score
I think that is the heat riser tube for the air cleaner if you were running a closed element style air cleaner.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the 1994 Suburban (I removed the engine brackets on) doesn't appear to have the air injection tubes..I am guessing like 88-92s or so might have them..
Some states like CA (the most restrictive) had A.I.R. required where Federal Emissions didn't require it. IIRC they are M22 X 1.5 but, the seat is tapered so, you may need to use some type of sealant.

Here you can kinda see the tapered seat.