(PLEASE HELP) Wiring issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan Pope

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if it's not coming from the alternator, then I have no idea where it could be coming from. Nothing else in the vehicle requires higher than 12 to function, so there's nothing increasing voltage that I know of

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You are right I will question this tomorrow

Dylan Pope

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not the alternator he’s unplugged the mfs and it’s still doing it can someone please help I need to get my truck back going

Trigger_guard

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like the alternator went bad and over charged the battery. Un plugging it won't do any good if your battery still has 19v in it . swap the battery and check your voltage again with the engine off . if it reads less than 13v buy a new alternator

Or hell, just just unhook your battery and check it's voltage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dylan Pope

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it fixed on Friday the amber lights under the headlights had the wrong bulbs...truck takes a dual contact bulb it had a single contact bulb...was backfeeding power through everything

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got it fixed on Friday the amber lights under the headlights had the wrong bulbs...truck takes a dual contact bulb it had a single contact bulb...was backfeeding power through everything
That doesn't explain the voltage, you should definitely check that charging system. An overcharged battery can start a fire at any point. And if your alternator is overcharging the battery, it's only a matter of time...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk