Planing stage of custom interior, Several questions, brainstorming ideas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but the 95 is a model that has elements of pre-95 mixed with elements of the post-95 models. So you have the 95 and later dash, the up to 95 engine and A/C system, and a computer system that is a mish-mash of each. Now my understanding is that the A/C controls, though they resemble the 96+ controls, actually have the electrics to control the pre-95 A/C system. Im pretty sure if you get a wiring diagram, that you will be good to go.

Of course, if Im wrong, people will chime in here and say so, but thats OK, I've been wrong before...

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Been thinking about this for a while now. I was thinking of making a fiberglass dash in a long arch from side to side. Im thinking an arch that matches the curve of the grill would tie into the looks of the truck pretty well. I just dont think the 94- dashes match the truck. its too boxy and square where the exterior of the truck is smooth flowing curves. Maybe oval vents, dakota digital gauges, 95 style climate controls and a nice big double din head unit?
Perhaps I need to try to draw something up to see what im thinking lol

DISTURBINGTHEPEACE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate these poorly made door panels with little clips that break and rattle. Has anyone made any custom door panels you screw on?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
To answer your question, I've thought about using some silicone RTV for where the pins attach to the panels as well as the pieces that go in the metal door skin. That seems like it would hold things tighter and give some cushion to stop rattling. Not really sure, though.

Also, if you've pulled your panel off, you know those stupid little clips that are threaded for the screws in the inner door handle? Seems like those could rattle too. I'll probably weld some nuts onto the bottom of that door skin support so those door panel screws can have a more secure mounting base.

Just some ideas I've had. Maybe someone else can chime in. Why didn't you just make a new thread, though? You probably would've gotten more responses that way.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been thinking about this for a while now. I was thinking of making a fiberglass dash in a long arch from side to side. Im thinking an arch that matches the curve of the grill would tie into the looks of the truck pretty well. I just dont think the 94- dashes match the truck. its too boxy and square where the exterior of the truck is smooth flowing curves. Maybe oval vents, dakota digital gauges, 95 style climate controls and a nice big double din head unit?
Perhaps I need to try to draw something up to see what im thinking lol

Boxy and square is where it's at man :headbang:

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Boxy and square is where it's at man :headbang:

Dude, check the date of the original post. I was going to do the same thing, until I saw that 454ssguy had posted. He hasn't been around for a while. At least, not posting much.

Oh, and you're wrong. 1995-1996 dashes are the best, everyone knows this. Looks good, works well, has a good location for aftermarket head units, and it doesn't have that stupid passenger air bag taking up a ton of space.

When you get one, you'll understand. :anitoof:

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I would love to swap a 95-96 dash into my 94.......seems daunting though.