Place to pass wiring through firewall without drilling metal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having trouble finding a DIY on this, I'm adding some wiring for indicator lights for my electric fan operation and manual switch, and likely a power lead for my inverter. Usually I can just follow somebody's big fat stereo wire install DIY and be good to go. But everything I'm seeing for gmt400's have people going right to their drill and hitting the firewall behind the radiator overflow bottle on the passenger side.

I would rather poke a hole through an existing rubber grommet for something like a (not used on my truck) clutch cable, speedo cable, existing wire harness, etc.

Any help?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Having trouble finding a DIY on this, I'm adding some wiring for indicator lights for my electric fan operation and manual switch, and likely a power lead for my inverter. Usually I can just follow somebody's big fat stereo wire install DIY and be good to go. But everything I'm seeing for gmt400's have people going right to their drill and hitting the firewall behind the radiator overflow bottle on the passenger side.

I would rather poke a hole through an existing rubber grommet for something like a (not used on my truck) clutch cable, speedo cable, existing wire harness, etc.

Any help?

A year would be nice...

You are pretty much stuck drilling a hole though

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drilled a whole to the left of the steering column in my 89 and put a rubber grommet and wire tubing so it looks factory.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Most I've seen use the throttle cable grommit.

Not the way I'd do it, but it works in a pinch I guess....

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Check under the heater core hoses on the passenger side of the fire wall. I have a yellow plug there visible if i pull back my rubber flooring.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm curious to see pics of how some of you guys ran your sub wires! I want to install some subs but not sure where to go!

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I've always ran my power wires through the fender and down into the rubber hose carrying the door wiring and down the kick panel works like a charm and believe it or not the cable isnt in a bind at all it doesn't move with the door

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your truck is an automatic, there is a knock-out on the firewall that would be for the slave cylinder/clutch rod that can be used, with a grommet of course.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If your truck is an automatic, there is a knock-out on the firewall that would be for the slave cylinder/clutch rod that can be used, with a grommet of course.

That's what i did for the 4 gauge feed wire...