Pinion Brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the 14B SF axle installed and I replaced the drums with discs. I did not want the E brake calipers because I just heard ****** things about adjustment. i would like to do a Pinion Brake for Parking only. Anyone ever done one or have any other solutions?

Something cable actuated by the foot lever. I could just use a chock, but what is the fun in that

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I don't think it would be easy at all to make a pinion brake for a 14bolt.
Why not put a driveline brake like this?

You must be registered for see images attach

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Cool idea....but since the e-brake is mechanical and a caliper is hydraulic you will need some sort of master cylinder. And there isnt much room to install a master cylinder and the linkage to make it work under the dash. You could run a cable to a lever to the master cylinder somewhere on the frame. A hand brake lever would be easier if you have buckets and no console. If you are worried about not having a parking brake I would look into one of these http://www.mico.com/products/displaysubinfo.php?id=43 or find a driveshaft drum brake setup from an older medium duty truck

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a mico lock setup that is for front and rear brakes locks both.If its any interest to you let me know only thing missing is the bracket to mount it under the hood came off an early 70's ford telephone bucket truck.

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool idea....but since the e-brake is mechanical and a caliper is hydraulic you will need some sort of master cylinder. And there isnt much room to install a master cylinder and the linkage to make it work under the dash. You could run a cable to a lever to the master cylinder somewhere on the frame. A hand brake lever would be easier if you have buckets and no console. If you are worried about not having a parking brake I would look into one of these http://www.mico.com/products/displaysubinfo.php?id=43 or find a driveshaft drum brake setup from an older medium duty truck

Where did you get that all of them are hydraulic?

http://highangledriveline.com/e_brake.html

I found one that I may try and use. See if they have one for a 243 TC

I don't have the cash to be throwing 1500 bucks at a new ebrake type system. I have the cable already, just the the caliper and Rotor.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that with everything you need to buy from them to make it work it is in the $500 range then you also need a SYE. So this is not a cheaper way out.

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SO you are saying I need a slip yoke eliminator for the rear driveshaft? Is that what SYE stands for? We need a common page for acronym look up.