Pics of Bed floor notches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am sure this has probably been covered so I apoligize for repeating the same stuff over and over.. anyways.. I PM draggin 95 about what he thought was the best weld in notch to buy.. well I decided to make my own thread and get some pics too.. SOO.. I am thinking about going with a 8" universal weld in notch that suicide doors has as long as it doesnt take 15 years to get the stupid thing. I have found a guy who is going to do the notch for me.. The main thing I am looking for pictures for is I am wanting to just the area of the bed where the notch will stick through.. I am not wanting to cut the whole center of the bed out.. Not sure if that makes sense.. lol. My friend done it on his S10 and I would like to see some pictures of where a monster notch will come through at on the bed. I am assuming just on the inside of the bed whells, but if you guys can post up some pictures I would greatly appreciate it. Also maybe some advice or direction on where to get a good weld in notch... otherwise it will probably come for SD or maybe look at newmatics. thanks in advance.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Are you planning to lay frame? If so you will have to cut out your bed floor between your notches so your diff doesn't smack your bed floor when driving and in order to fully lay out

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am by no means wanting to lay out.. BUT I would like to have a weld in notch for future in case I decide to do that. I can notch the floor pan for the differential to tuck that is no problem, just not wanting to take out the whole section. Probably makes no sense I know, but it is the plan I have haha.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or you could raise you stock bed floor I'll try to dig up some pic I have
I could do that, but I have no welding skills. The guy I am having weld the notch in is getting paid to do it. Do not wanna raise bed floor.. even though it sounds the OBVIOUS choice. Just looking to see where you can notch the floor pan out so the notches will stick through the bed.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only picture I have found.. that is what I am looking for.. I would assume these are close the the EXACT places that the notches will come through on a 88-98, but that pic is from a 2002.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well problem is all notches depend on WHERE THEY ARE WELDED INPLACE! you can go afew inches forward or backwards so not every truck is the same. so if you want a nice looking notch your going to be doing TRIAL AND ERROR! once notch is inplace carry the bed over and lay it inplace and to make it easier to set thread some threaded stock into the mounting holes so they will slide right inplace in the frame. just do the 4 corners put bed on and mark the bed from the bottom on the notch and cut that out. but you still might have to retrim if the notch flares out alittle to be perfect but for perfect fit your gonna have the bed on and off afew times. i know its more work BUT a tight fit cut if left open looks ALOT BETTER if its really precise and not just a huge gap or uneven!

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is what I what I planned on doing.. and I understand the distance front to back.. I was talking about side to side.. because the stock frame rail should sit in almost the exact same spot on each bed ya know? haha I think I found a couple good pictures anyways.. I think I got one from devs93 from his build. I looked quite a bit trying to find some more, but didn't have much luck. I am working on a deal on a weld in notch right now from a guy i found online.. supposed to get a shipping quote tommorow for me and then hopefully I can get started and at least get the frame notched sometime soon.