Pic Request: Cranked w/285s on black steelies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's that time again... time for new tires! I'm looking at 285/75/16.

I'd like to see pictures of cranked/stock height k1500s with this size tire on black steelies (preferred) or other aftermarket rims. I've seen lots of trucks with 285's and stock wheels and it looks... stock. If I'm gonna spend big money on wheels, tires and gears then I want something to show for it. I haven't found many with black/aftermarket wheels though, I'm hoping that will make them look a little beefier.

There won't be any lift in the near future ($ reasons) so i need something that will fit with minimal/no trimming but will still be noticeably bigger than stock.

I'll be putting these new tires on a 16x8 soft 8 or similar with ~4.5 backspacing if anyone wants to know.

Or should I just break out the sawzall and go 35s? :superhack:

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
No sawzall :Nonono: You'll regret it. go with 33's. heres mine without the box. full stock crank, on 33x12.5x15 Mud grips. Sorry they arent fancy rims, they were free with the tires.
These have about 2 inches of offset (i dont know the exact term for it but its 2 inches farther out than stock) and i want to get some more so i might get spacers.
You must be registered for see images attach

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No sawzall :Nonono: You'll regret it. go with 33's. heres mine without the box. full stock crank, on 33x12.5x15 Mud grips. Sorry they arent fancy rims, they were free with the tires.
These have about 2 inches of offset (i dont know the exact term for it but its 2 inches farther out than stock) and i want to get some more so i might get spacers.

Maybe it's just the lack of box, but that truck looks like it has quite a bit of rake to it. And I wasn't planning on cutting any visible sheet metal, just the insides of the fenders, like so:

This is the exterior of the truck. The trimming is unnoticeable.

It belongs to a member on this forum, so if you are reading this thread, please post!

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Yea, the box will flatten it out a bit. and if you're gonna go with 35's atleast body lift it with full crank. about a 2 inch BL will do it. and it'll give it a better look than right stuffed

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, the box will flatten it out a bit. and if you're gonna go with 35's atleast body lift it with full crank. about a 2 inch BL will do it. and it'll give it a better look than right stuffed

Body lifts are :doublepuke:

I keep dreaming of stuffing 35s under there but TBH the 285 really is the better choice. It'll have more flex room, it's cheaper and it's smaller and lighter, meaning the truck will be faster. I just don't want to regret my purchase and think "Should have gone bigger" every time I look at it.

TexasCowboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is 33x10.50 on black steelies

Sent from my retarded as iPhone using Tapatalk

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Not really cranked with 33's, but 2'' block and crank with 35/12.5r16 fierce attitudes on pathfinder wheels

evan95sierra

Reaction score
ive got 285/70-17 mud claws on 17" nbs steel wheels. no crank. no trimming and they dont rub.