PIAA Headlights? HID alternatives?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone here have PIAA bulbs in their truck, specifically the "Xtreme White" or "Super Plasma GTX" bulbs? I met one guy that had them and they were surprisingly bright, but I don't remember what color they were or even what the package looked like, just that they were PIAA. If not those do you have some other non-HID aftermarket bulbs?

I bet that guy that I talked to is on here. Dropped white truck on SS wheels? I'm the KOA employee that asked you about your headlight housings this past summer.

Speaking of housings, does anyone know what's up with the TYCs? I can't find them for sale anywhere.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
For the cost of TYC Elegants (if you can even find them) and new bulbs, you could retrofit projectors with HIDs for a better beam pattern and more light.

Morimoto Mini H1 even with $30 ebay 4500k HIDs would be hard to beat and should give you the color you're looking for.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not in my truck, but ran Piaa's in my bike years ago, bright, but super expensive and the shortest bulb life of any bulb I ever had.