Performance Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a few questions about squeezing some performance out of my truck.

So. I'm going to be having an exhaust installed pretty soon, so don't worry about that.

I have the ultimate TBI mods done.

I'm looking for advice on cylinder heads and my valve-train.

So I want to get my truck up to roughly 300-350HP, maybe more if it's reasonable.

I've been reading Devs93's big ultimate performance toolbox sticky and its helping, but I'm still looking for some more clarification.

If I want to get my truck to that kind of power while still being able to tow efficiently, what kind of cam do I want to get? I'm going to install all of the parts in one go. Heads, cam, etc.

I want to get ANY AND ALL transmission work done BEFORE hand. So I also have questions about that. What do I ask for at a transmission shop to be done? What kind of stall do I want? What kind of shift kit? What do I ask for in regards of them beefing up the tranny to handle more power? It's a 4L60E.

http://www.monstertrans.com/store/p...,-Mega-Monster%2dIn%2dA%2dBox:-1993%2d97.html

Could I buy that and give it to a tranny shop to install? Do I get a shift kit seperate from that or would that have the same effects as a shift kit on top of the extra durability and power limits?

Who do I get a chip from, and how does the process work? Who's good with aftermarket parts and tuning for them?

What ALL do I need for a head swap? What is a good aftermarket head to go with? What do I need to go with it, springs, valves, etc?

Camshafts. I need help with camshafts. I want enough torque to pull a 2000ish lb trailer up a hill relatively easily, but I also want a decent amount of acceleration and top end. I don't have any desire to go over 5000 RPM though. I feel like that will be pushing the amount of effort I want to put into this motor.

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers my questions.