PawPaw Green My 98z71 build

What do you guys think about old pawpaw green?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zelly98z71

Reaction score
Added some LED's to cluster. Really liking how it turned out. Wanting to do HVAC and push button 4x4 anyone done it? Pictures and info how you done it would be great !
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hvac control is just like the cluster. Pull bulb and swap (different size than the cluster). The 4x4 switch will require soldering. I have not done that. Someone that has will chime in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Zelly98z71

Reaction score
Hvac control is just like the cluster. Pull bulb and swap (different size than the cluster). The 4x4 switch will require soldering. I have not done that. Someone that has will chime in.

Thanks a lot man. Had no idea about he soldering. That may just have to be something that I decide not to do. But def will do the HVAC. I'm also going to change to the chevy express van knobs. It should still illuminate thru right?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks a lot man. Had no idea about he soldering. That may just have to be something that I decide not to do. But def will do the HVAC. I'm also going to change to the chevy express van knobs. It should still illuminate thru right?

Here's a good reference on led interior swapping.

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/interiorLED.html

Here's my express knobs with just regular bulbs in my hvac controls

And my Denali cluster with led

Zelly98z71

Reaction score
Here's a good reference on led interior swapping.

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/interiorLED.html

Here's my express knobs with just regular bulbs in my hvac controls

And my Denali cluster with led

Thanks a lot Man! Helped out a ton with the reference HVAC looks good with those express van knobs. Can't wait to get mine in.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I actually did this same setup! Just pull the bulb out of the socket and place the led ones in. It was a huge PITA to pull out the HVAC control bulbs, broke every one of them except one, but I won't be using those old halogens anymore really. I used needlenose plyers to pull out the bulbs because they are so small and very hard to pull with your hands. It could have just been my sockets, yours might not be so hard, but mine were.

I have the Escalade cluster, but the same setup you are looking for. I was thinking about doing my head light switch and 4x4 push button, but thought not after the work involved, thought it would be plug-n-play, I was wrong... lol Hope this helps.

You should do the LED interior conversion as well, just did mine today, maybe took 10-15 minutes to do everything except the rear map lights, didn't have them at the local auto parts store sadly, will have to check the other one and see if they have one. 211 bulb IIRC for the rear map lights on the extended cab. I got 6x 194 Cool White (because they didn't have enough blue ones sadly), 1x 578 Cool White dome light, and 2x Cool White license plate lights. Wish I could've gotten blue ones, but the whites looking pretty damn cool anyway! :D I wish I would have ordered mine from superbrightleds.com, spent $80 in lights at the local auto parts store, could've spent $30 or $40 at superbrightleds.com. :mad:

Last edited:

Zelly98z71

Reaction score
I actually did this same setup! Just pull the bulb out of the socket and place the led ones in. It was a huge PITA to pull out the HVAC control bulbs, broke every one of them except one, but I won't be using those old halogens anymore really. I used needlenose plyers to pull out the bulbs because they are so small and very hard to pull with your hands. It could have just been my sockets, yours might not be so hard, but mine were.

I have the Escalade cluster, but the same setup you are looking for. I was thinking about doing my head light switch and 4x4 push button, but thought not after the work involved, thought it would be plug-n-play, I was wrong... lol Hope this helps.

You should do the LED interior conversion as well, just did mine today, maybe took 10-15 minutes to do everything except the rear map lights, didn't have them at the local auto parts store sadly, will have to check the other one and see if they have one. 211 bulb IIRC for the rear map lights on the extended cab. I got 6x 194 Cool White (because they didn't have enough blue ones sadly), 1x 578 Cool White dome light, and 2x Cool White license plate lights. Wish I could've gotten blue ones, but the whites looking pretty damn cool anyway! :D I wish I would have ordered mine from superbrightleds.com, spent $80 in lights at the local auto parts store, could've spent $30 or $40 at superbrightleds.com. :mad:

Man that looks sharp!! And I sadly did the same thing by going to the parts store spending twice on bulbs. Have you heard good things from superbrightleds? Is the escalade cluster plug and play? What year model also?? You have any pics of your interior lights. I'm wanting to get a lil crazy with mine maybe do some odd colors.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Funny you should ask, I took pics after I did it!!!! :D

I also did my license plate lights in LEDs. Don't have pictures yet. But I did take a before picture of the license plate lights. But yeah I did Cool White for the LEDs, as they didn't have enough blue lights, which made me cry inside as my truck has the blue interior and wanted everything to match, oh well, maybe someday I will get some different ones.

I have heard great things from superbrightleds.com. A lot of people recommend them. I actually bought my cluster+HVAC lights from Ebay, $15 for the cluster and $12 for the HVAC lights. The interior conversion was the huge expense.

The Escalade cluster was plug-n-play. The years were from 99-00, on Cadillac Escalade's and GMC Yukon Denali's.

Everything with LED interior conversion was so freaking easy. Just watched this video and everything made a lot of sense:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I haven't done the rear map lights yet as they didn't have any in LED at O'Reilly, so they are useless until I get some.

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well reading through the last few comments is definitely tempting me to do an led swap, mostly because a good portion of my dash lights are burnt out. Also, does anyone know how to swap them in a floor shifted transfer case selector?