Patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been on here, but I'm due for a return, and looking to start changing the truck from how it's been since I've bought it (besides the minor changes) to getting it where I'd like to see it when I'm done.
You must be registered for see images attach

If anyone remembers my old thread, the LT1 engine deal has fell through, once it got warm enough to go pick the engine out of the Vette, I found that they had already sent the car to the crusher. Now thankfully the owner had the dignity to return the deposit I gave him to hang onto the engine, so now, engine recommendations are appreciated. And no, I will not LS swap this truck, maybe another at some point in time.

Been throwing around a few ideas, like going ahead and finding an LT, or buying an L31 marine intake. But a co worker has recommended a TPI, and it makes since, I still use the truck as a. Well, a truck. TPI engines do make lots of torque, yet run out of breath around the same RPM range as the L31s are designed for from the factory. And obviously if my pockets get too heavy, the TPI superram intake could be a very viable option for more RPM.

But anyways, I digress to the truck. Since I have been away a decent amount has changed, found a set of GM clear corner markers not long after I left, and quickly installed, along with wiring in a few extra light for all four corner lights along with trying my hand on color matching paint. And I am far from getting it down, but at least I have learned now that if I try painting this color of maroon again, base coat needs to be black/dark gray. But hey, it's all a learning experience!

But after this, the lower valance was removed, and finally added in my second set of KC 57's, with Hella yellow fog light bulbs, and boy do they work nicely!

Which brings us close to where we are today, found a set of Ultra 50/51's and got a decent deal on them, they are a 16x10 wheel, and unsure of the back spacing, but the new 285/75 16 rubbers fit halfway decent on them, and havent had any troubles yet. Also, I would not recommend polishing wheels by hand, or at least not the majority of it. These wheels were heavily oxidized, spent 15 minutes on one spoke to get it to shine, and reflect when I was polishing by hand. Quickly went to napa, and picked up a headlight restoration kit, they come with a polishing sponge that can fit into a drill. And again, make sure you have extra batteries, and lots of time. Went through 4 Milwaukee 5.0 18 volt batteries before I finished polishing/buffing the wheels, but damn it was worth it.

This brings us all to where the truck currently sits, cab corners/rockers and quad beam lights are to come shortly, before I start to strip the paint down to bare metal. This quarantine would be a great opportunity to start on the body work, but I am waiting to pick up a set of rust free fenders from a 89 1/2 ton, and a 91 one ton. Debating if I should try and find a bed in better condition as well, due to having a hole in the bed floor from PO cutting a hole to replace the fuel pump. But plastic bed liners easily cover it up, but it still bothers me knowing it's still back there.