Patch Panels + Adhesive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When it comes to getting patch panels for an ECSB '98 k1500 where should I head to
Classicparts, LMC, RockAuto, partsgeek - are all listing panels for roughly the same price

Does anyone have previous fitment experience? Specifically the extended cab corners and both rockers

Along the lines of patch panels, who's got some information on the adhesives for body work?
Lord Fusor, 3m etc.. I figure you can't go wrong with the 3m

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried that adhesive crap, forget what brand but it DID NOT WORK!!!!!!!!! it would not hold and I was very mad. I had it to bare metal, tried it primed, used rivets to hold until set and everything, even screws, it never held.

others have had great luck. I'm too afraid to try again, also the special applicator gun aint cheap for most either.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
The adhesives have come along way.....but im not sold on them for metal if you gotta busted rubber or fiberglass panel then hell yea that stuff has some amazing bond. Im sure the rt brand would work good on metal too but hell just weld em in and insure they are good imo

96dragon

Reaction score
I was trainned with Duramix but 3M is also some quality adhesive... Like others have said welding would be best but Adhesives are a Great replacement when it comes to certain areas when you dont have access to a welder... So long as you are doing just the Cab Rocker Skins then it is fine, but if the damage extends into the cab structrally then I wouldnt recommend it...
You just want to make certain that you follow the instructions to a T and you should be fine..

Heres a Great 3M Vid and Reading Material for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXrGJ_D4CWg
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediaw...e17zHvTSevTSeSSSSSS--&fn=DFU 08116_1 of 2.pdf

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
i have always used 3M panel bonding adhesive its a 2 part mixture. make sure that both the panels are bare metal to what you are gluing, spread a thin coat on the panels and just before installation put a small bead on both panels, install them, get them where you want and clamp them all the way around. if there is spots where you can't clamp then use self-tapping screws. let it set for 24hrs and your set. grind off all drips where it squeezed out from the clamping and your done. good stuff really