Passenger Airbag Switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I didn't know our trucks got airbag keys. I thought that was a GMT-800/610 thing. Where did they mount? I have a 3500, so I don't have airbags at all.

The GMT-610 van I used to drive for work had one, I think.

HoffmansHaven

Reaction score
Yeah, I am actually thinking of ordering that. Sucks that everyone has to sell them for a mint but that's supply and demand I guess. If it was in perfect condition I would've bought it Saturday when I saw it but even with broken tabs they want that much. I know the rest of the plastic is as brittle as glass too which makes it hard. If I get it I will have to cover the entire thing with a layer of epoxy to protect it before I stick it in the truck.

Crashdawg2099

Reaction score
Does anyone know what I can do with the passenger airbag switch? I know this has been discussed before but what about needing one and not being able to get it? I was able to take mine and stick it on enabled and then epoxy the entire thing together and put it in the dash where there isn't a light on and it looks the part but I would like to replace it some day. Has anyone come up with anything or are we just SOL with the 1997, 1998 trucks? I can't believe Dorman or some company doesn't make them!
I had the same issue, looked for days on end and nothing. I just kept visiting my local you pull junkyard and found a couple finally. Remember to check the tahoes, suburband, and of all things the s10 pickups had them as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChaPepper