Painted my Escalade rack.. Opinions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Finally got some time to paint my Escalade rack today.
I pulled the old rack off and now I'm torn between pulling the rack off and covering the holes or the Escalade rack.
With factory rack
You must be registered for see images attach

No rack... Looks pretty clean this way I think.

Escalade rack. (Looks a little different shade in pics but matches near perfect... Truck is filthy from all the rain we've had.

So which do you guys think? I'm thinking about pulling the brush guard off to see what it looks like also.

Sent from a Duramax powered iPhone.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ditched my rack had the holes filled and roof painted love the rackless look, but the Esky rack looks pretty clean I wanted one but couldn't find one at the time

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I'm thinkin that also. I just had one side of the escalade rack on lookin at it.. Flying outta town til the 2nd I'll bolt it all up when I get back and look at it. But really leaning toward no rack.... Now that I've went through the trouble of finding and painting it lol don't have much $ at all invested in it though

Sent from a Duramax powered iPhone.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I like the rack, especially on the white, it almost disappears up there.

There is such a thing as too clean, IMO. A roof rack is one of those things that these trucks should have. Of course, that's just my opinion right now. I also used to think that bumpers should be chrome on trucks, and obviously that changed. :crazy:

Also depends on how you use it. I still throw kayaks or other stuff on my roof rack, so I wanted to keep it, but make it cleaner.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I agree.. That's why I'm also torn about removing the molding from the sides.

And good point about hauling stuff on top... I'm sure I'll end up using the rack at some point, actually.

For now I've got it off until I get back from vacation.. But I think I'm gonna stick the Escalade rack back on

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Rackless is the best, and I love racks.