Opionions Wanted Winter Front Grille Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
First off, this may be in the wrong forum, it is an exterior add on though.. So move if need be. But anyways, most of you probably know that i recently purchased a diesel. And with the temps getting cold, i can definitely see it taking much longer for it to heat up. So i started searching as i remember a buddies of mine's coworker with a souped up dmax had this leather cover over his grille for the winter. Back then, i had no idea what it was, or what it was used for. Now that i am driving a diesel, i have a little understanding. Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on using a winter front grille cover? I should say i dont tow, and dont push my truck to the limit, so there is really no worry about overheating it. To me, i see no reason not to put one on, just really looking for someone elses experience with them.

Thanks.

And heres a link for people who are unsure about what im talking about, that may also be interested.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=745995&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&productVariantId=1626886&quantity=1&itemGUID=ddfb0084ac1084574b2ea730f1abe8a3&destination=%2Fcheckout%2Fitem_added_to_cart.jsp%3Fresult%3Dsuccess%26categoryIds%3D104796180%7C104696280%7C104363280%7C%26productId%3D745995%26backToPreviousUrl%3D%252Fcatalog%252Fproduct.jsp%253FproductId%253D745995%26WTz_l%3DChart

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
with a 6.5 i wouldnt bother with a winter front on it, they have a problem with running hot as it is, no real need to make it have less airflow

just keep an eye on the temp gauge, if it doesnt seem to move off of cold even after a longer trip you might have to put it on, but it shouldnt be needed

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Honestly, I'd just keep it plugged in overnight and run without a cover with a 6.5L. Adam is right, they run hot anyway. I never had any issues with mine in 20deg weather.

If your looking for a good cover that doesn't require holes and doesn't really stand out like the cabela's ones, Lund used to make them that were hard plastic and snapped over the grille. They don't make them anymore to my knowledge but i found one a few years ago on ebay for my GMC.

You must be registered for see images attach