Opinions needed..new truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, just picked up this grey 1999 Chevy Silverado "Classic" C1500. It obviously needs new rubber as the back two are just thrown on to get me from sellers place to my place...
I am trying to decide if I should leave the stock red tailights housing or replace it with these others I have, I will include pics of the other tail lights.
I am leaning toward the non-stock as I think they will make the truck POP considering the color!
Let me know what you think!
View media item 31190View media item 31185View media item 31189View media item 31188View media item 31187View media item 31186

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks fellas...now the next question...what is the RAREST possible screw I can get to put these suckers in so they dont get jacked? The old 2x phillips are just too risky imo.
I will also eventually be going for the locking tailgate assembly, but until then..give me some ideas

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Up to you, would probably look pretty nice considering all the lights on the front are clear. However if you decide you don't want them, there's a member here offering $350 plus shipping for a set of those exact tails. Just FYI...

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/looking-for-all-clear-tail-lights.36723/
$350 just wouldn't cut er, i am $400 in them. I think I paid $280 for the tails + shipping from USA to Canada, and I spent over $100 putting 4 sided LED bulbs in (4x red and 2x white)

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clear tail lights are a matter of taste. Either you like them or you don't. If I bought a truck with clear lights It would be the first thing I would get rid of. Also just another reason to be pulled over by the law. I havn't been stopped by the police in about 15 years and I like it that way.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clear tail lights are a matter of taste. Either you like them or you don't. If I bought a truck with clear lights It would be the first thing I would get rid of. Also just another reason to be pulled over by the law. I havn't been stopped by the police in about 15 years and I like it that way.
Clear lenses are against the law? I thought as long as the signal color was correct it was OK.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Clear lenses are against the law? I thought as long as the signal color was correct it was OK.

It's not really the clear lenses so much as the lack of a red reflector. That's why they eventually stopped making these and switched to the half red design.

Same deal on the front corner lights, anything without an amber reflector is technically illegal. Probably won't ever get stopped for it, but they could if they wanted to.