Opinions needed..new truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the front anything pre 1963 will have clear after that they all went amber. I believe the front is allowed clear with just amber bulbs but the rear does require a red reflector as stated.
I just prefer the red lens myself I like red. Clear isn't even a color and they tend to look dirty white when they age.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not really the clear lenses so much as the lack of a red reflector. That's why they eventually stopped making these and switched to the half red design.

Same deal on the front corner lights, anything without an amber reflector is technically illegal. Probably won't ever get stopped for it, but they could if they wanted to.
Huh. Learn something new every day. Whole lotta illegal rides out there

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny thing is, I see a TON of newer model vehicles whos tail lights are all clear.
Yet they get the excuse, "oh it came from factory this way"
I say **** them

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny thing is, I see a TON of newer model vehicles whos tail lights are all clear.
Yet they get the excuse, "oh it came from factory this way"
I say **** them

that's probably part of the reason that cops don't say anything is because of that. but get a cop in a bad mood or run off @ the mouth to them & they will look for every little thing wrong to make your day worse. don't ask how I know

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
personally I was never a fan of them, but it is your truck. so as long as you like them.
Just make sure that your lights are bright because the other driver is a moron & will say that your lights were not bright enough to know what your intentions are