One salty Tahoe...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tornado_735

Reaction score
I was told to post pics of my 1996 Tahoe, regardless of the shape it's in. Suffice it to say, she's in need of a date with a sander, a cutting wheel, a welder, and some new metal. Also, for anyone who knows Tourettes Guy...F**K SALT!!

I intend on some major work on this thing once winter passes. Not too much in the way of gnarly offroad mods, but mainly to make it look decent again. It's just kind of stuck in winter beater status at the moment.

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• WP_20131209_002.jpg
    WP_20131209_002.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

tornado_735

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the other alloy is in the cargo area with a flat tire on it...I haven't the foggiest idea as to why, but that's just how it came.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not bad, with some tlc it will look great, welcome to the site

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

tornado_735

Reaction score
So...last Monday, I started to lose the 3/4 clutch pack. I horsed around with it, and managed to force some sort of limp mode, as I got all 4 forward gears, a firm shift (like the TPS is unplugged), but no slipping in any gear. In limp mode, I do lose TCC lock.

Going home last night, I had to make a dive for the shoulder on a freeway ramp because some jackwagon decided to hammer the brakes, slowing down a whole line of cars while I was looking in my mirror for the merge. I probably could have stopped in time, but I didn't want to get rear ended, and the shoulder was wide open. The shoulder was wide open, but unbeknownst to me, it was also extremely soft.

Um...oops. ODOT is going to be rather pissed when they see what I did to their grassy shoulder. I barely got out. 4-Low and copious amounts of throttle were heavily utilized. :gr_grin: