Ole' Blue, my '94 C1500 Rusty but Trusty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Guess I never updated this thread.....

The truck was wrecked almost a year and a half ago. Decided to part it out, at the time didn't really have room for two trucks anyway (also had my '96 at the time).

Anyways, sold the motor to a friend of mine, sold a few other random parts, kept a lot of the interior stuff, scrapped the front clip (the wrecked part), and made the bed into a trailer.

Now fast forward to the present. The friend who bought the motor sold it to another friend who had hydrolocked the one in his S10. So like usual I'm helping swap motors in a truck that isn't mine lol. So we pull the torque converter off (we had to swap everything to the S10 stuff), and BAM!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Found the source of that weird knocking noise my motor had been making the last year I drove it lol. I sold it cheap because we weren't sure exactly what was wrong with it. It sounded like a rod knock it was so loud, but motor ran and revved up great. Had my suspicions it was the flywheel or torque converter. I had pulled the inspection cover to make sure the torque converter wasn't loose. Saw no bolts, no play in it, no metal chunks nothing.

The center piece is completely unattached to the rest of the flywheel, but we can't remove it, must've broken on an angle. Has about 1/8" play side to side. I'll have to get a video of it.