ok,, new question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
same here,, i have a few friends that have autos,,, do you know if the case is the same from auto to manual transmission??,, that being said,,, what about the case from a push button to a shift transfer case. can they be swapped??,,

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
4l80e, NV3500, NV4500, TH400 are all a 32-spline output

4l60e, TH350, 700r4, will be a 27-spline output

So any transfer case behind any 5-speed manual, TH400, or 4l80e will work as long as it's the push button one. NP243 i believe?

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a guy that has one that has t he floor shifter telling me that you can switch them over if i just put my motor on it,,,,, anyone know if this is true??

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a guy that has one that has t he floor shifter telling me that you can switch them over if i just put my motor on it,,,,, anyone know if this is true??
I don't believe you can, I think the casting on the case if different. Tell the guy you will bring your broken case over, if he can swap it, you'll buy his transfer case, if not, look else where. I think your difficulty is finding a 32 spline case with the electric shift. I have not seen many of those, most i have seen are floor shift.

Another option is to swap your to the floor shift, the floor should already be detented for where the shifter pokes through.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another option is to swap your to the floor shift, the floor should already be detented for where the shifter pokes through.

yea i know its going to be hard to find,,, i have been talking this over with the wife,,, if i do that i will still need to keep the push button in to engage the front diff.. correct?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will this work for you?

http://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/3483911989.html

Even if it costs $100 to ship it's still a deal. If it will work let me know. I'll go pick it up an ship it to you. No extra costs over what he's asking for the case an shipping. I hate to see you give up on a truck you've put so much work into.....

Edit: I just realized it's the same add I posted earlier, he dropped the price to $50 though. it's a 241c......

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I think you are correct on that one cole. wonder what it would take to upgrade to the borg warner they used in the 1 tons?

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone