Oil Pressure Regulator wiring to Fuel Pump Relay...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shibbershabber

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This truck is the biggest heap of I have ever owned... and I have owned a lot of crap. (1992 K1500 Suburban 350tbi 150k)

Anyhow, went back to the dealer for diagnostics again. They said that the fuel pump is bad.

I refuse to believe it. I put a brand new pump assembly in less that 5000 miles ago.
I doubt that they checked much of the system beyod determining that the pump wasnt pumping.

I replaced the relay and nothing. Is there a fuse or anything that I can check?

ALSO, and I am sure that this is probably the issue because, well nevermind... but I know that the oil pressure sending unit is in the same circuit as the fuel pump & its relay. The wiring to and from my sending unit is a mess from God knows what the previous owner tried to do or fix, etc.

anyhow it is a mess of splices that I was going to clean up once the truck got its act together.

I noticed the wires tonight when I was putting the new relay in. at least two wires from back there went to the relay or were grounded by the relay mounting bolt.

Im assuming that I can just cut back to the best wire I can get to and reconnect things with good connections and see how that goes.

NOW, the question is... could this be the problem? The oil pressure gauge works just fine, could it be working and still not be making a good con with the relay?