Oil pressure jumping around

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
I believe this just started happening, though it's possible I simply hadn't noticed it before...

Oil pressure is sitting around 25 at idle and jumps to 60 as soon as I accelerate. It does not drop back as the rpms drop though. It drops once I've let off the gas and the speed has dropped to 25 or so. Then the oil pressure slowly drops back to 20-25.

I have an erratic Speedo, could this just be a cluster issue? I haven't noticed any difference in how the truck drives. Anything in particular I should watch out for?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Mines 20 at idle, 60 while giving it has, and 40 cruising. Has been since I got the truck. It's normal

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
If it's not knocking, tapping, or smoking I say you're good

sent from my galaxy potatoe s5

Engine purrs nicely.

I noticed today, during my short drive, that the pressure was sitting at 60, which I believe is where it usually sits, for the first couple minutes of my drive, but then started to move around again after those first few minutes. The engine wasn't warm yet, but I suppose it was warming up a bit.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
mine does the same. stays at 60 until it warms up then it's 20, 40, 60.