Oil Pressure Drop as engine warms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed, theoretically that could happen. But I'd imagine the coolant would have to be empty not just needing topped off.
You cannot imagine how low use this van is. It gets on average under 1000 miles a year. Each year at inspection I get the oil changed and fluids checked. Could be they skipped the coolant top off the previous year and I didn't notice. I'm not in the habit of checking it as it had never been low before. This year at inspection they found it low and topped it up. You can bet it will get checked every time it is used from now on. Also as mentioned I had them bump the oil up a grade when it was changed. I have checked hoses etc . All good. After this all happened I drove it about 150 miles. No issues at all and ran like a very elderly top!

OP we are not trying to make off with your thread. Please let us know how this all plays out with the similar issue on your truck. Just when we think we have heard every issue a GMT-400 can have, they come up with a new one!