oil leak cause of bad fuel economy and lack of power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was recently looking more into the oil leak and now its really came to my attention. apparently since its the head thats leaking out the back this can cause low compression(my oil pressure is always at 0 or 25 at most) and really low fuel economy(6mpg's right now) also cause of the low compression there goes my power(take alot of throttle to get it to speed) if anyone could back me up on this thoery before i decide to tear into it when its 15 below zero let me know! thanks in advanced

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i haven't heard that before but the same thing is happening to me. the worse the leak gets the more gas i use. i will be tearing into mine in the spring hopefully if taxes come back good and i can find a decent car to drive in the meantime.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea thats my plan too and the leak gets worse every day it seems and the more and more gas i use. and i'm running 10w! but yea once spring rolls around i'll be tearing it appart good thing i don't need to drive much in the winter.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please try to keep a single thread on a single topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.