Oil Fill Hole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4L80

Reaction score
I have owned an 89 K1500 and most recently a 93 K2500 Chevrolet with 5.7 engines for over 22 years and every time that I change or add oil, it occurs to me that somebody must make or I may be able to find in another vehicle, a short piece of filler extension tube that screws into the valve cover oil filler hole. If a piece of tubing extends up permanently, then every time I unscrew the cap, the dirt from the upper side of the valve cover, won't fall down into the hole. Does anyone know of a fix for this minor concern?

4L80

Reaction score
Probably modify something like this.

You must be registered for see images attach
A possibility and worth checking out, thanks! I do notice 5.7 is not listed, and the threads are not the same.

4L80

Reaction score
Use one off a 96-99 5.7 Vortec. Same threads on both ends so the existing oil cap works fine.
That sounds like exactly what I was hoping for, I will track that down, thanks very much!

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd go and grab one from the junk yard befor paying north other 10+ bucks for one......

sent from what use to be a great country...

4L80

Reaction score
I did grab one from the junk yard, 5 bucks and it threads in nicely. Now I have one question, and it might be very important. An oil cap came with the extension tube and when I tighten that cap and try and blow through it, it is tight. When I put my stock oil cap on the extension tube, I am able to blow a very slight amount of air through. Which cap do I use? Is a 1993 Chevrolet 5.7 engine supposed to have or require a venting cap? The reason I ask is because I have no easy way of testing if that cap breathes when it is on the valve cover.