Oh no...I think the 350 may be dying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Honestly, get the wooden broom handle out and start listening.

~Via Mobile

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^^ this

Also I had an olds 307 that sounded like that. Ended up the oil pump went out and was pushing almost no oil and destroyed a couple rod bearings and a couple main bearings as well.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I might add that it didn't last long after it started making the noise till it died.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rod knock for sure my l30 sounded the same when it spun the #1

Vortec powered iphone:D

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If knock is verified then it sounds like a good time for a 6.0 swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Changed the oil, helped just a tiny bit. Got the stethoscope out, it is cylinder #2 but I can hear it from #1 as well, just not as loud.

Think I'm going to fill it with syrup, make my neighborhood smell good, then start tearing it down.

This will be a learning experience, never done a motor swap. Can't be too hard right? I can see my lift being a problem, I imagine it will be easiest to remove my bumper/grill/radiator/radiator support and hood and just start unplugging and unbolting sh*t right? Sounds easy enough ha.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I were you I would drop the oil pan first and remove the main caps and rod caps then the bearings. Inspect for scoring or pitting. If its not too bad you can just polish the crank and rod wit some emery cloth and install some new bearings.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
If I were you I would drop the oil pan first and remove the main caps and rod caps then the bearings. Inspect for scoring or pitting. If its not too bad you can just polish the crank and rod wit some emery cloth and install some new bearings.

To do so I'd have to completely disassemble the front end and lift kit. Almost more work ha.