OBD1 tune questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, so, at this point, I think my truck needs a tune. Its got true duals with high flow cats and dual flowmaster 40s from the manifolds back (will be putting shorties on it soon as my stock manifolds are cracked).

I've also performed the ultimate TBI mods on the truck and got rid of the big 350 air intake sound deadener box thing and replaced it with the straight tube from a 305.

So, anyway, what do I have to do to get a tune on this truck? Who should I go to?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't really need a tune/chip with those mods, if you had a cam, intake, heads or other engine work a tune/chip would help, I mean you could if you really wanted too but not worth it with those mods

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Okay, so, at this point, I think my truck needs a tune. Its got true duals with high flow cats and dual flowmaster 40s from the manifolds back (will be putting shorties on it soon as my stock manifolds are cracked).

I've also performed the ultimate TBI mods on the truck and got rid of the big 350 air intake sound deadener box thing and replaced it with the straight tube from a 305.

So, anyway, what do I have to do to get a tune on this truck? Who should I go to?

You could do a lot more mods at this point that would do more good than a tune

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator at 13.5 psi would really help with your new found air flow (if you haven't already done the quarter mod). Other than that, nothing you've done requires a tune. Im running the entire CFM Technologies package on my truck, and have never looked back.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem is that my truck seems like its running rich.

My return fuel line has a twist in it and I'm thinking that maybe its restricting it a lot.