O2 sim using spark plug non foulers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
just get a tune, it will disable the code all together, no sims, no non-fouler rigged setups, you wouldn't even have to have a sensor in there if you don't want.

That's the best way too, that is how the 6.0 in my 95 is, the rear 02's are turned off completely.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just get a tune, it will disable the code all together, no sims, no non-fouler rigged setups, you wouldn't even have to have a sensor in there if you don't want.

I would do this if I had $250+ to drop on a tune. Its not in my budget right now and probably wont be for some time. This is why I tried the cheapest fix. I didnt really expect it to work but was hoping it would. With a little time I might be able to figure it out....

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is throw on a stock y-pipe with cats. :read:

At least that will solve the problem and you won't have to ghetto-rig the damn thing up with O2 simulators that don't work to begin with.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
I've never had any problem with my simulaters , I put them cleared the code and it never came back, but like I said I don't recommend them. I should have just spent a little more and got a tuneor a factory y pipe. Hey if your really wanting to stay on the cheap just take the bulb for the CEL out lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I think I found the problem today. Apparently my truck should have 4 O2's and one is missing and so is the bung for it. Guess thats what my code is for. Its P0140, so the other one should be good...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is throw on a stock y-pipe with cats. :read:

At least that will solve the problem and you won't have to ghetto-rig the damn thing up with O2 simulators that don't work to begin with.

As soon as I get like $340 I just might do that, but right now I just dont have it.....

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Haha....I'd send you my full stock system from downpipes back, but I bet s/h would be a PITA!!!!

If only I had them in the back of my truck....currently in hilton head at the moment. :nono:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Junkyard dude..............

I might be wrong, but I dont think they are allowed to resell them. That or they sell them for the $$ as soon as they get them. Everyone I see in the pick and pull has already had the converters cut out.

Should my truck (98 Z71 350 automatic) have 4 O2's? It has this style pipe on it and I only see mounts for 3? ( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-23453 ) The plug I found looks exactly like the O2 sensor plug I tried the non foulers on? It is attached to the frame rail and is unplugged. What looks like the sensor wiring is still there, they just cut the sensor out instead of unhooking the clip holding the wiring to the frame.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh that's unheard of if they aren't allowed to resale....atleast around these parts. That's strange man, but yeah, most times cats are sold pretty quickly just because they're a sought after part, they aren't worth recycling for their platinum anymore though because the platinum mines were re-opened, so the market for platinum is alot lower now.